Unless you live under one massive rock, you’ve been hearing all about how the iPad 3 is scheduled to be launching on March 7th, 2012 in San Francisco. Because Apple sent out invitations on Tuesday, February 28th for what’s expected to be an iPad 3 media event (or could it be the rumored iPhone 5 that Steve Jobs was working on until his last day? We’ll see!) , tablet trade-in volumes have risen dramatically.
Macworld reported that online autioneer eBay, which Tuesday said that tablet sales- nearly 98 percent of which were iPads – were 10 times greather this month during the same stretch in 2011 in the run-up to the debut of the iPad 2. Retailers have already begun to slash prices of Apple’s iPad 2 in anticipation of the launch. According to the Washington Post, Radio Shack is discounting iPad 2 models by $20 and $50.
The new iPad 3 is rumored to have a number of innovative features. Some of which include:
- A sleek new Retina display with double the pixels from the first two iPads – close to 2048 x 1536. (The pixels are so small you can’t even see them with the human eye!)
- An updated camera that is sure to impress
- That quirky voice assistant Siri
- A faster new A6 processor giving this version a big boost over its predecessors
- An enhanced touch screen with haptic feedback that would make multitouch-typing easier
Are you interested in getting rid of your current iPad to purchase the 3rd generation one on March 7th? Well you’ve come to right place! Contact your local iHospital location for more details on buying back. One of our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices will be happy to go over all your options with you. We look forward to hearing from you!