We all knew it was coming and today it really happened. The iPhone 5 was introduced to the world today at a highly anticipated San Francisco event, and yes, it is called the iPhone 5! As widely expected, the new iPhone 5 features include a longer screen, LTE support and a new dock connector. If you want to get your hands on the iPhone 5, Apple will start taking pre-orders this Friday and Apple will begin shipping them out on September 21, 2012. You can get your hands on an iPhone 5 for as little as $199. Let’s take a detailed look at all the new features and updates:
- The new iPhone 5 comes with LTE, HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA support
- You can expect to receive a maximum downlink of up to 100Mbps
- Comes with an upgraded antenna which allows the iPhone 5 to switch to different networks if needed
- Includes one chip for data and voice as well as a single radio chip
- In the U.S., LTE partners include Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon
- You will also find improved Wi-Fi capabilities in the iPhone 5
- The iPhone 5 comes with a taller 4-inch screen with Retina display capabilities
- The screen delivers 326 pixels per inch and 1136 x 640 resolution
- You can fit an extra row of icons on the new screen and Apple’s native apps have been upgraded to accommodate the new display
- You can expect to see 44 percent more color saturation on the iPhone 5
- The iPhone 5 is 30% thinner, has sharper images and less glare if you happen to be in the sunlight
- The iPhone 5 comes with a new “Lightning” port that replaces all the old Apple dock connectors
- The upgraded connector is 8-signal and completely digital and it included an adaptive interface and increased durability
- You can plug your connector into your iPhone on either side making it completely reversible
- The new dock connector is 80% smaller
- The iPhone 5 camera comes with a eight megapixel senor and is 3264 x 2448 pixel images. It also has an illuminated backside, a hybrid IR filter, a lightning fast f/2.4 aperture and a five-element lens
- The camera is 25% smaller on the iPhone 5 than the iPhone 4S
- The new camera is 40% faster
- The iPhone 5′s camera comes with a sapphire lens cover which will make images cleaner and sharper
- Because the iPhone 5 comes with a new A6 chip with a new image signal processor, photographs will be improved by spatial noise reduction and filtering.
- You can now take panorama shots with the iPhone 5. You simply hold your phone vertically and sweep the scene. Cool right?
- The iPhone 5 will offer users 8 hours of 3G talk time and browsing and LTE browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and a huge 225 hours of standby time
- The iPhone 5 comes fully equipped with a Apple A6 processor
- This processor is twice as fast at graphics and CPU processing than the iPhone 4S
- The A6 processor is 22% smaller than its predecessor as well
- You can expect applications to to launch twice as fast as well
- Depending on which carrier people choose, the iPhone 5 can support wideband audio which will enhance the quality of calls. Voices will sound crisper and more natural
- The iPhone 5 comes with three microphones located on the front, back and bottom. This improves voice recognition and noise cancellation
- The speaker has been improved and it’s also 20% smaller than the iPhone 4′s speaker. It also includes 5 magnets which leads to better sound
- The new earpiece is also noise-cancelling which will lead to higher quality sound
- $199 for 16GB
- $299 for 32GB
- $399 for 64GB
- The iPhone 4S drops to $99
- The iPhone 4 is now the free, entry level iPhone. These prices reflect two-year agreements.
Here at iHospital, we are super excited to test out the new iPhone 5. Some of the new features including the A6 Processor, thinner screen and improved audio capabilities are all we can talk about in the shop. The iPhone 5 will also come in all black and a white version with a vibrant silver aluminum finish. Which one will you be getting? Which of the iPhone 5 features are you most excited about?
Trackback from your site.