One of the neatest things you can do on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad is watch your favorite TV shows and movies. What is your favorite app? Our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices did some research on Crackle, Hulu Plus and Netflix to see which one is best. In the end, they all have good and bad points and the choice is really up to you but here is a breakdown of features of each:
- Free and now with Air Play
- Watch great movies on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Right now, the most popular movies on Crackle are Big Daddy, Joe Dirt, The Grudge 3, Spun and Quarantine. They switch movies every month
- Watch full episodes of TV shows including Seinfeld, Fantasy Island and Marvel’s Iron Man
- Seinfeld’s new web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is playing exclusively on Crackle
- The biggest complaint about Crackle are the ads.
- The app is free to download but Hulu Plus costs $7.99 per month. Like Netflix, you can cancel at any time
- Not every show is on mobile
- Poor movie selection
- Still have ads, even though you pay for it
- You can resume watching from where you left off on your TV and other devices
- Watch over WiFi, 3G and 4G
- Shows include Modern Family, The Office, Family Guy and many others
- Get the app for free as part of your Netflix membership. Monthly fees are $8.00 and there is a free one-month trial when you sign up
- No ads
- Movie selection isn’t too great
- Includes full seasons of popular TV shows such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Lost and many more
- You can start watching a show on one supported device and continue to watch it else where.
- You have the ability to rate what you’ve watched so Netflix can suggest movies it thinks you’ll like based on your preferences
Overall, Netflix, Hulu Plus and Crackle are all great applications to watch full length movies and your favorite TV shows. If you don’t like ads at all, Netflix is definitely the way to go. If you want a great selection of movies, you should definitely check out Crackle. If you already have a subscription to Hulu Plus or Netflix, it doesn’t cost anything to check out these apps too. Let us know what your favorite movie app is in the comments below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Trackback from your site.