It’s easy to take and create beautiful photos with applications such as Instagram and the lateset photo app from Facebook, the Facebook Camera for iPhone. It’s not always easy to share these photos with your Mac. Sure you can send them via Messages but it’s not always the most efficient use of your time.
Here is an easy way to share your photos with your Mac lighting fast:
- The first step is to make sure you have your Photo Stream switched on in all of your iOS devices as well as your Mac.
- Go to your ~Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub folder. Don’t worry, you’re going to see a bunch of odd named files with a bunch of numbers.
- Search for image files by typing kind:image in the search section and selecting Sub as the focus of the search.
- Save this search as a Smart Folder by clicking on the Save button that is located below the search field. By default, this folder will be saved in the Saved Searches folder, but you can easily check the box that says Add to Sidebar if you’d like to quickly access it later on from the Finder sidebar.
- Done! Now whenever you need to quickly see a photo or screenshot that you took on your iOS device, just open this folder and you’ll find it!
The Photo Stream is always an easy way to find photos as they are available when you open up iPhoto, but this can be a quicker method if you are looking for multiple pictures as you don’t have to launch any applications.
Do you have any Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch shortcuts you’d like to share? Are you interested in any we haven’t mentioned before? Please let us know in the comments below!
Are you interested in protecting your iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad with Liquid-Armor? iHospital is currently offering this amazing new service for $19.99 or at an additional $9.99 when you come in to iHospital for any repair. Drop in to one of our locations and have one of our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices add a solid shield of durability to your beloved iDevice today!
Trackback from your site.