You will need a picture with a width of 480 and a height of 480 to use as your SMS Background. The picture will need to be in PNG format and have the filename “SMSBackground.png”
1.First Download an SSH Client such as Cyberduck for OSX
2. Then locate your phones IP Address. Make sure your phone is on the same network as your computer you are SSHing from.
3. Open Cyberduck
4. Click Open Connection on Cyberduck
5. Click the drop down menu and select SFTP(SSH File Transfer Protocol) Make sure the port is 22
6. Use the IP Address we located on your iPhone and input it where it says Server.
7. The user name is “root” and the password is “alpine”. Both are without caps. Then hit Connect.
8. A screen will pop up asking “Do you want to allow the host access?” Select Allow for one time use or Always to connect everytime
9. Then you will need to hit the up button to go into the previous directory: private/var/
10. Then you will need to open up Stash:private/var/stash/
11. Next open up Themes.*******: private/var/stash/Themes.********
12. Create a Folder on your desktop labeled “SMS Background”
13. Open that folder and drag and drop the picture you want to use as your SMS Background. Remember, the file must be named SMSBackground.png, must be in PNG format, and must be 480×480.
14. Once you have put the SMSBackground file into the folder, Take the folder “SMS Background” and drag it into the open Themes.***** Directory in cyberduck
Respring your phone…
Next open up Winterboard and enable the SMS Background theme…..
You have successfully SSHed your custom SMS Background onto your phone!!!;)