We are all on pins and needles here at the iHospital anticipating the release of Apple’s newest iPhone, the iPhone 5. According to recent reports, the iPhone 5 is scheduled to be released on September 12, 2012 at a special Apple event. When it comes to the iPhone 5, Apple fans across the globe are wondering about what new features to expect, how much it will cost, and most importantly, how exactly they’re going to purchase one! We’ve scoured the Internet for everything you need to know about the iPhone 5 and here’s what we’ve come up with:
12 Things You Need to Know About the iPhone 5
1. The next iPhone might not be called the iPhone 5. Like The New iPad, maybe the next iPhone will simply be called The New iPhone.
2. Like we mentioned above, the next iPhone is scheduled to be released at a special media event in San Francisco, California on September 12, 2012 at 10:00 am PT. Email invitations were sent to reporters. The invite shows a large “12″ with a five-shaped shadow and has the words, “It’s almost here” written above. There’s been no indication if the event will be live streamed. (We hope so!).
3. According to TechCrunch, the next iPhone will have a larger four-inch screen. The current iPhone 4S has a 3.5 inch display. According to World of Apple, the new 1136 x 640 pixel display, which is an 18% increase in pixels, will be able to show an entire new row of icons on the home screen. We definitely like that idea.
4. The new iPhone is also supposed to have high-speed LTE connectivity and will come with iOS 6.
5. The shape of the next iPhone is supposed to be longer and narrower according to Chinese technology websites.
6. The stock market is also anticipating the next iPhone. Apple shares rose $5.18 to $676.42 on Tuesday afternoon. This is close to their all-time high of $680.87 which happened a week ago.
7. The iPhone 4S was released in September 2011, which leads us to believe that the iPhone 5 will be launched in September, 2012.
8. World of Apple also mentions that the headphone jack will move from the top to the bottom because of the lack of space available at the top of the iPhone.
9. The iPhone 5 will have a smaller dock connector. The old 19-pin thin connector will be replaced with a 9-pin smaller connector. You will also be able to insert it in any direction will be a welcome change. The smaller dock connector leaves room for larger speakers as well.
10. According to reports, the new iPhone will not have a glass back. Instead, it will sport a brushed aluminum back with a glass header and footer. This design will enable the next iPhone to be thinner than the iPhone 4S with reports suggesting it will be under 8mm in thickness. The iPhone 4S is 9.3 mm.
11. We haven’t heard a lot about the new iPhone’s camera but we’re sure it will see an increase in megapixels. We hope the front-facing camera will be upgraded to improve FaceTime as well. This would be a welcome addition as Face-Time over cellular data will be coming with iOS 6.
12. According to leaked pictures, the iPhone 5 battery runs at 3.8 volts which might mean its using new chemistry to boost capacity to 5.45 watt-hours from the 3.7-volt 5.30 watt-hour battery used in the current iPhone 4S. The new battery is slightly taller as well. Hopefully this means a longer battery life!
So there you have it, 12 things you need to know about the iPhone 5 right now. What features are you most excited about seeing? Will you be waiting in line to purchase the new iPhone? We look forward to reading your comments below.
Trackback from your site.