According to Apple, the brand new OS X Mountain Lion update will be going on sale at the end of this month and it will cost $20.
[Related: How to Update Your Mac’s OS X Software]
1. The following list of Macs will be able to run Apple’s upcoming OS X Mountain Lion:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
2. You’ll also need to make sure that your Mac is already running OS X 10.6.8 or any version of OS X 10.7.
3. You need to make sure that you have 2GB of RAM (memory) available on your Mac. Should you need more RAM on your Mac, make sure you drop into one of our iHospital locations. Our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices will be happy to help. Rest assured, we only install the highest quality RAM that is fully compatible with Macs.
4. We recommend that you have at least 15GB of free space on your Mac’s drive. Apple recommends that you have at least 8GB but the installer itself is 4GB and you’ll need extra room for temporary files too.
5. If you don’t know what type of Mac you have, or how much RAM or free space you have left, choose “About this Mac” from the Apple Menu, and then click “More Info”. The next window will tell you your computer model and year/version. Select the Storage tab to view your free space and click Memory to check the RAM amount.
We are very excited to get the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion and know you are too! The above five steps will make sure you can upgrade as soon as the update becomes available. Stay tuned for more news about OS X Mountain Lion as it becomes available.
Did you know you can protect and enhance your iPhone, iPod and iPad with Liquid-Armor? iHospital is currently offering this cool new service for $19.99 or at an additional $9.99 when you come in to iHospital for any repair. Drop in to one of our locations and have one of our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices add a solid shield of durability to your beloved iDevice today!
Trackback from your site.