Nothing quite beats the feeling of downloading a free app for your iPhone that you come to know and love. Seriously, where else can you get anything for free? Free apps definitely beat dirty couches on the side of the road, that’s for sure. Our knowledgeable D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices created the following list of 9 essential and free apps for your iPhone:
1. Facebook - This free app is essential for the 900 million+ people that currently use Facebook. Facebook for iPhone lets you keep in touch with all your friends while you’re on the go. You can start a chat, check out the news feed, browser pictures, check in and upload pictures – all from the ease of your iPhone.
2. Twitter - The Twitter app enables users to follow their interests, get quick updates from friends and their favorite celebrities, and most importantly, see what’s happening around the world. This free app keeps getting better and better.
3. Skype - This free app allows you to make video calls (and regular calls) to anyone else on Skype for free – worldwide. You can also text your Skype contacts.
4. Instagram – 50 million users can’t be wrong! Instagram is one of our favorite photo apps for the iPhone. And it’s free! Transform your images using on of Instagram’s many filters and easily share them with your friends across multiple social networks.
5. Pulse - Pulse brings all your favorite blogs, magazines and newspapers in one simple location. It’s extremely easy to use, fast to read and easy to share. You’ll find all your favorite news sources on Pulse.
6. Wikipanion - Are you a big fan of Wikipedia? This free app is for you! Wikipanion is easy to read and has been designed for easy searching and navigation. You can also streamline your Wikipedia experience by viewing browsing history by visit date.
7. Around Me - This is a great free app for finding useful information out about your surroundings. You can easily find: movie theaters, parking, gas stations, pharmacies, pubs and much more.
8. Pocket – This app is perfect for when you find something you want to read on the Internet but don’t have time to read it. Use pocket to save your favorite content and read it later.
9. RL Classic - Use this free app for incredibly accurate barcode scanning. You can use RL Classic to read UPC, EAN, UPC-E and EAN-8 barcodes and QR codes. You can’t go wrong with this free app.
We hope you find the above 9 free apps useful and fun to use. Do you have any other free apps to share? Please feel free to share them in the comments below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Trackback from your site.