According to a recent survey commissioned by CNBC, 51% of United States households own at least one Apple product. Additionally, the CNBC’s All-America Economic Survey indicated that 1 in 10 homes that don’t own Apple products plan to purchase one in the next year.
When you get down to the nitty gritty details, that’s more than 55 million homes with at least one iPod, iPad, iPhone and/or Mac computer. How you like them apples? These numbers are sure to rise as iPad sales and activations are breaking records all over the place!
Apple needn’t worry about brand saturation as most Americans don’t stop with just one device. The average household owns 1.6 Apple products, with at least one quarter planning on purchasing more in the next year.
Jay Campbell, vice president of Hart Research Associates, which conducted the CNBC survey, said, “It’s a fantastic business model – the more of our products you own, the more likely you are to buy more. Planned obsolescence has always been a part of the technology industries sales model, but Apple has taken it to a whole new level.”
Here’s some interesting facts from the survey:
- The majority of Apple purchasers are male, college-educated and younger.
- The more money you earn, the more Apple products you’re likely to own (not surprising).
- 28% of those making less than $30,000 a year own at least one apple product while 77% of those making more than $75,000 own an average of about 3 Apple devices.
- The age gap isn’t as wide as you think. 63% of Americans ages 18 to 34 and 35 to 49 call themselves Apple users. The percentage drops to 50% when you get into the 50 to 64 age group and drops again to 26% for those over 65.
- 61% of households with children own Apple devices compared to 48% of homes without kids.
The poll was conducted by land line and cellphone from March 19 to 22 and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4%.
What do you think of these numbers? More importantly, how many Apple devices do you own? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you know you can protect and enhance your iPhone, iPod and iPad with Liquid-Armor? iHospital is currently offering this cool new service for $19.99 or at an additional $9.99 when you come in to iHospital for any repair. Drop in to one of our locations and have one of our D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices add a solid shield of durability to your beloved iDevice today!
Trackback from your site.