Here’s what people are saying about Fitocracy:
- “It’s about time someone created a RPG for fitness” – TechCrunch
- “…the best example yet of a digital domain applying the basics of games to getting in shape.” – The Globe And Mail
- “…provided me with a motivational breakthrough.” – Kotaku
What is Fitocracy?
Today I decided to do a Fitocracy app review in light of the newly arrived Fall season. Most of us are pulling out the sweatpants now that summer’s over but I’m on a mission to stay healthy throughout the fall and winter seasons! Fitocracy is a great free Health & Fitness app that is available in iTunes. It’s compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and the iPad. It also requires iOS 4.0 or later. Fitocracy is rated five stars based on 279 ratings on the current version in iTunes.
What did you like about Fitocracy?
Fitocracy is the best fitness app I’ve ever downloaded from iTunes. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, Fitocracy will get you motivated about working out and getting healthy. Fitocracy works because it acts like a social network. Once you sign up, you join over half a million of the best fitness coaches, nutrition experts and other fitness folks that are always available. You also get points for all your fitness oriented activities as well as cool badges for significant achievements.
I also joined a number of groups that are based on personal interests and goals. These groups are great for motivation, especially when you want to eat a couple donuts! There’s also a cool robot named FRED in Fitocracy – he’s awesome!
- Track your entire workout on one screen
- Take part in epic adventures where you unlock achievements to visualize progress.
- You can follow other Fitocracy users for inspiration
- It’s easy to enter and track exercises and weight
- Create exercise routines on Fitocracy’s website and access them on your iPhone
What didn’t you like about it?
This is one of those odd times when I have nothing bad to say. Fitocracy was definitely a full 4 IV’s!
Where can you get Fitocracy?
Review by D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices Farhan Mandani. Farhan works at iHospital Gainesville. You can read our interview with Farhan in our previous post, Meet iHospital D.i.D. Doctor of iDevices Farhan Mandani.
Trackback from your site.